New Year’s resolutions are a time-honored tradition, a chance for people to reflect on the past year and set goals for the year to come. While the idea of making a resolution is simple, actually sticking to it can be difficult. Here are some tips for making and keeping your New Year’s fitness resolutions:
- Set specific, achievable fitness goals: Instead of saying you want to “exercise more,” set a specific goal such as “exercise for 30 minutes three times a week.” This goal is specific and achievable, making it more likely that you will follow through.
- Make a plan: Once you have set your goal, make a plan for how you will achieve it. For example, if your goal is to exercise more, decide on the days and times you will exercise and make a schedule.
- Track your progress: It’s important to track your progress towards your goals. This can help you stay motivated and see how far you have come. You can use a planner or an app to track your progress.
- Find accountability: Having someone to hold you accountable can be a great way to stay on track with your resolution. This could be a friend, a family member, or a professional coach. (We have some great coaches).
- Don’t be too hard on yourself: It’s important to be kind to yourself and remember that it’s okay to make mistakes. If you slip up or miss a day of exercise, don’t beat yourself up about it. Just get back on track the next day.
By following these tips, you can set and achieve your New Year’s resolutions. Here’s to a successful and fulfilling new year!