Sometimes CrossFit can come across as overwhelming or intimidating. One of the most challenging parts of starting something new is the fear of the unknown. Every CrossFitter has been there, we all started at the beginning. We want to help ease your mind so we have listed a few tips for a beginner trying CrossFit.
- Show up – this is the hardest step, so once you do this, you are all set to go
- Have an open mind – it’s going to be different and hard but you CAN do it
- Take it easy at first – don’t try to keep up with the CrossFitter who has been there 10 years
- Ask your coach questions – that’s what they are there for!
- Rest as necessary – listen to your body and if you need rest, take it.
- Stretch at home – You will be sore so stretching is a must for recovery and mobility
- Don’t worry about what others think – everyone in the gym is there to work on themselves AND to cheer you on
- Drink water – drink lots of water before, during, and after your workout
- Wear comfortable clothes and a good pair of tennis shoes
- Get a good night’s rest – again, recovery
- Track your progress – this will help in many areas (especially how heavy to lift)
If you have some tips for a beginner trying CrossFit, be sure to leave them below in the comments. We love when people share their ideas and knowledge with one another.